Friday, 3 October 2014

The Harlequin Pillow

 

I am really into random at the moment, I think it adds interest to a piece because people need to look for just a little bit longer while their brains try to find a pattern.  With these randomly placed HSTs, I focussed on the dark blue while determining the layout - ensuring the dark blue was evenly (yet randomly) distributed.  Straight line quilting radiating out from the hour-glass centre - the colours of which make me think of a harlequin, hence the name.


Linking up to:
TGIFF
Finish it up Friday
Sew Solid Sunday

20 comments:

  1. I like this very much. Just the right kind of quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this is fun! And the quilting is yum! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great! :) So nice and bright!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving this! Too bad everyone in my house is totally opposed to pillows. :(
    dahlgren0609 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks great Sarah, the quilting works perfectly with your design too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. its really lovely. You must have had a lot of thread ends to bury!

    ReplyDelete
  7. you're at it again! I love those bright colours =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Random looks great in this case. Good name for you pillow.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love it! But then again, I'm a sucker for all things solid! And your method of quilting it works perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  10. that is so pretty!!! love this.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very nicely done - looks so effective and vibrant!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This turned out lovely! I like your choice of quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful! It does remind me of a Harlequin costume!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love it. So bright and cheerful!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous! I'm always a fan of random HSTs :) Thanks for linking up to Sew Solid Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Random turned out well for you; I am usually not that lucky.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Organised chaos - bright and happy, I really love this!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Really nice use of solids and random placement. Hopping over from Sew Solid Sunday.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...