I like the look of curved edges but didn't want to make bias binding because it just seems like such an inefficient use of fabric, so I used cross-grain binding and I'm happy with the finish (seeing as they are just play-things for my kids). The binding on the back of the curve has a couple of little tucks in it, which you can see below - I machine stitched the binding and had to do the curves a couple of times, so the stitching is a bit messy, but my kids don't care!
|Curved binding from front|
|Curved binding from back showing tuck in binding|
Both of these are made almost entirely from scraps, including Frankenstein batting (I cut the Kate Spain binding from yardage, otherwise everything came from scrap bins) so these are projects 30 and 31 of Scraps 101.
|Loving the improv low volume background on this one|
In other news, I have recently succumbed to the charms of Instagram, you can find me here - I'd love for you to come and say hello!
Linking up to:
Finish It Up Friday