Tuesday 7 January 2014

Play Bank Card: Scraps 101

A pile of scraps, a plastic takeaway lid, some improv piecing and fussy cutting...


led to this play bank card.  Complete with magnetic strip and signature on the back.  The red and yellow squares are supposed to be the Mastercard logo. (Edit: the name and card number are stitched, using built-in alphabet on my machine)


I cut some plastic from a takeaway lid and sewed it inside the card to give it that bendy plastic feel.  This is project 21 of Scraps 101.


Linking up to:
Made By You Monday at Skip to My Lou
Anything Goes Monday at Stitch by Stitch
Craft-O-Maniac Monday
Monday Funday at Crafting Really Awesome Free Things
Sew Cute Tuesday at Blossom Heart Quilts 

5 comments:

  1. What a great idea for using up some scraps and making a pretend credit card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Sarah! What a great idea! I'm taking it with me. My kids will have their own credit card, oh yeah!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh very cute! I bet the kiddos would love something like that. Thanks for sharing!

    http://www.busyneedle.ch

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that is cute! When my daughter stops eating small toys (she's almost 3, for goodness sake!!), I'd love to get the kids a play money set and I'll have to make one of these to go!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...