Friday 3 January 2014

A Quilted Tote

This lovely tote at A Bright Corner led me to Jedi Craft Girl's tutorial for making a quilted tote bag.  I modified the dimensions slightly so that I could use a metric fat quarter.  I love the bag but it's a bit large for me for everyday use, if I make another one I'd make it a little smaller.

I straight line quilted the top half in horizontal lines, that are kind of evenly spaced (yep, still too lazy to mark them out) and for the bottom half I just did crazy straight lines in red thread - I love the effect of the quilting on the bottom half, it reminds me of that ping pong-type computer game from waaaaaaay back.


The pockets use leftover scrap pieces from the outer FQ, perfect size for a pen!  So by using those scrappy pieces I'm calling this project 20 of Scraps 101.  Yay for scraps!




Linking up to:
Finish it up Friday at Crazy Mom Quilts
Can I get a Whoop Whoop at Confessions of a Fabric Addict

9 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...