Sunday 1 December 2013

Playing Postie: Scraps 101

This activity was inspired by this post from El Hada de Papel.  After seeing the envelope clutch at See Kate Sew a while ago I put the two ideas together and came up with this, a cardboard box with the flap from a baby wipes packet as a postbox and fabric envelopes and stamps:






If you have young children you can imagine how much fun they have with this.  I didn't use Kate's pattern, I made my own; and after a bit of trial and error I also constructed the envelopes differently.  The stamps are stuck on with velcro, so they can be pulled off and on, I also added names to some of the envelopes, using iron on t-shirt transfers.  This is great for using up scraps!  The envelopes and stamps are project 6 and 7 of Scraps 101.


Linking up to:
Made by You Monday at Skip to My Lou
Sew Cute Tuesday at Blossom Heart Quilts
Fabric Tuesday at Quilt Story  
Tuesday Tots at Rainy Day Mum
Finish it up Friday at Crazy Mom Quilts 

4 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...